Since the Misa de Gallo started, my husband has been attending the same every day.
Thus he wakes up early at around 3 am and rushes to the church to attend the mass.
For several years now, he had completed the 16 daily masses before Christmas. We Catholics have a belief that if we can complete the same, any wish we make will be granted by God.
Last year, he completed also the Misa de Gallo and had his wish granted... his wish was that God would make me pass the bar.
I was not able to join him because i was and still am lazy to wake up that early. i cannot expect more from my body. i already lost my pituitary glad and after the operation, i have to take daily supplements for my thyroid hormones. This is just one of the reasons.
So the comment of my prayerful and devoted husband is that i never had a sacrifice for God.
Well, of course I objected. This fact has to be debated upon. And my God knows the deep reservoir of emotions i had kept inside. God knows my secret sacrifices and giant sacrifices in my life since childhood and i do not need to prove to anybody that i have one.
Sometimes i know i need to show more to my God that I need him.. But i Know that i need him and i cannot do anything without him.. Maybe I just have to tell him often that I do.. I really do.
Well, maybe I have to say it more often....
No comments:
Post a Comment