April 2, 2012
Today marks the official day of me being an Associate lawyer. I applied in a law office manned by an able and decent lawyer last third week of March. I was not sure he would take me in his office because he still has an associate. But I relayed to him my efforts to further my career: from going to Cebu twice a month last year from February to July, from single handedly manning my solo law practice and doing my research alone. He painstakingly heard me out and after that he asked me if I really wanted to be a lawyer. I gave him a big Yes Sir.
That same day he gave me out a draft and a re draft of Anti graft case. I need to revise it. But i told him I have to go over it yet because I still have a lot of deadlines to meet. And then I will go to Singapore on my birthday. He said it was okay.
Fast forward, Singapore trip was over. . . which reminds me that i have to make another blog for that trip... April 2, 2012 is the first day of my associate lawyering... so to speak.. Atty. Gonzalez called me up over the phone at 7:30 am to tell me I have to attend the hearing at 2pm in Nasipit, ADN. It was for motion for execution. Anyway. it was easy of course because it was just ministerial for the court to grant the same after the lapse of the reglementary period and without any appeal coming from the other party. Atty. Janice Blanco appeared and made some comments which I did not bother to reply since the order granting our motion had already been dictated or promulgated by the court.
That was it. however, hitch of this day is that I got the wrong road and went all the way to Gingoog. It was a one hour and a consequent PHP300 fuel waste... That happened because a lot of things were swimming in my mind at that time....
Anyway, that was enough for the first day... Good luck to me...
No comments:
Post a Comment